The FTGA is comprised of four Standing Committees, including Executive, Nominating & Elections, Finance and Past Presidents and several ad hoc committees. Membership in the four Standing Committees is restricted as stipulated in the FTGA Bylaws. But members can participate in FTGA’s ad hoc committees.
Opportunities to Participate and Make a Difference
There are ways in which you can get involved in the FTGA. Please consider volunteering for one of the following ad hoc committees:
- Annual Conference & Show - is responsible for the operation of the trade show, including theme and hall decorations, hall entertainment, exhibitor registration, rules and regulations, security, exhibit setup, teardown, etc. In charge of all social and recreational events during the annual FTGA Conference and Show, including meals, golf tournaments, picnics, receptions, fundraising activities, and administrative duties such as registration, tickets, door prizes, etc.
- Education - helps to plan seminars, field days and any other educational activity, with the exception of the annual FTGA Conference and Show.
- Industry Advocacy - serves as a liaison to the media, regulatory agencies and other entities involved in community issues and determining public policy. The Committee coordinates activities on behalf of the turfgrass industry in an effort to ensure the industry’s voice is heard.
- Public Affairs
- Technical Advisory Panel
- Membership Services - identifies member needs in the field of education and training (needs to be met through training aids, posters or other appropriate avenues); work to expand the FTGA’s membership benefit offerings. The Committee shall also promote the FTGA via booth exhibits at the FTGA Conference and Show, as well as at other trade shows. The Committee shall increase the FTGA membership base through various promotional campaigns (i.e., “get a member” contest and membership pins); plan all aspects of such campaigns (advertising, promotional materials and mailings); and determine new membership categories (when needed), including membership costs, who should comprise the category and information and benefits the members shall receive.
- Communications, Florida Turf Digest
- Communications, Social Media
- Golf Course
- Lawn Care
- Sports Turf
- Scholarship & Research - oversees the application and selection process of academic scholarships and shall review and present to the Board for approval of turfgrass research projects. The Committee coordinates with the University of Florida Faculty Advisory Committee.
We coordinate with the University of Florida Faculty Advisory Committee